If you do not already have valid and non-expired clearances, it is necessary to obtain these before you can be on the field with your team. Visit http://www.pawest-soccer.org/coaching/risk_management/ and follow those instructions to obtain your clearances and to load them to PAWest's site. Please take extreme care to complete this before the season begins as you are not allowed by law to participate without it.
PAWest has also provided a document with some additional instructions below:
To upload new clearances and apply for approval in the Affinity system:
- Go to this link: http://pa-bgc.sportsaffinity.com/reg/index.asp?sessionguid=
- Click on the blue “to begin REGISTRATION please click here” at the top of the page.
- Once there, login. You will see all the family members
- You will have the option to add family members or to continue, you want to continue.
- The next screen will list all those eligible in the family to register for this, to the right of your name, you will see a ‘register as coach/admin’ button, please click that.
- It will then come up with what you asking you to select the play level and the only option is Background Check.
- Once you select that, your information will come up on the screen, in the middle of this screen, you will see ‘click here to show photo or certification upload’
- This is where you will see to upload the documents. Towards the bottom, you will see ‘club additional information’, please pick your club.
- At the bottom, you want to select the ‘save and next page’.
- Walk through the rest of the steps, agree to the ELA’s if there are any (they may not apply, but can’t go any further).
- The Payment page will come and should say no payment due.
- Keep on until you get to the end.
- This will create the application for approval. You will go ‘under Review’
If everything is in order, you will be approved, if there is anything amiss with the documents, Tim McCoy will email you directly with what needs to be corrected. If everything is in order and he can approve you, you will not hear anything from him. Kind of a ‘no news is good news’!